Dragon TV is premiering China’s version of Shine Group’s television format MasterChef on July 29.
The Chinese version promises to feature the iconic attributes of the already successful foreign editions, while also adding elements of China’s rich traditional culinary culture. With its slogan of “Boiling! My Dream”, this unique competition is giving China’s culinary talents a once-in-a-lifetime chance to become a MasterChef.
As with its foreign counterparts, the judging panel, made up of three gourmet food enthusiasts, is the highlight of the show. “Godfather of Mando-Pop” Jonathan Lee, renown television host Cao Kefan and Fairmont Peace Hotel Executive Chef Steven Liu have teamed up to create one of MasterChef‘s most knowledgeable panels yet, adopting the nickname “Super Band of Gourmets”.
One of the Shine Group’s most successful television formats, MasterChef has been leading the trend in food-centric television in countries across the globe for decades. Since Shine Group re-imagined the format first in the UK in 2004, it has cooperated with many of the world’s best television producers.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 86 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 59 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 54 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Quintus Studios inks more factual acquisitions for its VOD channels 37 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020