The State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) in China has issued six new guidelines on the production of TV serials, further tightening its control of the country’s content output.
These guidelines ban the adaptation of online games and foreign TV formats, demand that family conflicts in programmes and jokes in period dramas be reduced, and expect revolution-themed shows to draw a clear line between heroes and villains.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,285 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 84 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 83 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020