Singapore’s public service broadcast funding receives overhaul
Singapore’s MDA has re-launched the Public Service Content Scheme as the Public Service Broadcast (PSB) Contestable Funds Scheme. Content producers will have now more opportunities to create innovative PSB programmes for different commissioning broadcasters under the scheme.
Funding is extended to local nationwide TV platforms, including local FTA and non-FTA TV platforms, to encourage the development of original PSB content that can be offered on multiple broadcast platforms (e.g. TV drama with spin-offs episodes on internet or radio). Previously, PSB programmes were available only on FTA TV.
This revamped scheme is based on the grant model, whereas the previous was on a co-investment model. Funding for selected programme concepts will be provided to the independent production companies via the platform partner.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020