Singapore’s Channel NewsAsia hires former anchor as Chief Editor
Singapore – Channel NewsAsia has appointed former news anchor Lian Pek to be its new Chief Editor. Pek began her journalism career in the Singapore Broadcasting Corporation (presently MediaCorp) and has since held news anchor positions in Bloomberg Television, Al Jazeera English, as well as CNN – the first Singaporean anchor to be hired by the international news network.
An award-winning journalist, Pek was named Best Current Affairs Presenter at the 2001 Asian Television Awards.
In 2008, Pek departed from journalism and directed Mad About English, a docu-comedy on the Chinese’s quest to learn English in preparation for the 2008 Olympics.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 142 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021