Singapore’s Channel NewsAsia hires former anchor as Chief Editor
Singapore – Channel NewsAsia has appointed former news anchor Lian Pek to be its new Chief Editor. Pek began her journalism career in the Singapore Broadcasting Corporation (presently MediaCorp) and has since held news anchor positions in Bloomberg Television, Al Jazeera English, as well as CNN – the first Singaporean anchor to be hired by the international news network.
An award-winning journalist, Pek was named Best Current Affairs Presenter at the 2001 Asian Television Awards.
In 2008, Pek departed from journalism and directed Mad About English, a docu-comedy on the Chinese’s quest to learn English in preparation for the 2008 Olympics.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020