Singapore’s Channel NewsAsia hires former anchor as Chief Editor
Singapore – Channel NewsAsia has appointed former news anchor Lian Pek to be its new Chief Editor. Pek began her journalism career in the Singapore Broadcasting Corporation (presently MediaCorp) and has since held news anchor positions in Bloomberg Television, Al Jazeera English, as well as CNN – the first Singaporean anchor to be hired by the international news network.
An award-winning journalist, Pek was named Best Current Affairs Presenter at the 2001 Asian Television Awards.
In 2008, Pek departed from journalism and directed Mad About English, a docu-comedy on the Chinese’s quest to learn English in preparation for the 2008 Olympics.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020