China’s Youku enters licensing agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution
Beijing – Youku Inc., China’s leading internet television company, has entered into a multiple-year agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution for the video-on-demand rights to a broad collection of current, library and upcoming NBCUniversal feature films. The films, including Schindler’s List, The Mummy, Jurassic Park and Apollo 13, will be available for on-demand viewing through Youku Premium in China.
In addition to a yearly rotating selection of more than 100 titles from NBCUniversal’s catalogue, including such Oscar winners and critical favorites as Trainspotting, Being John Malkovich and The Big Lebowski, the new agreement also covers upcoming NBCUniversal releases. These will include Contraband, Safe House, The Lorax, and summer tentpole releases Battleship and Snow White & The Huntsman. The new films will appear on Youku’s platform after their China theatrical releases.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 233 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 166 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021