BREAKING: Viki to power “global TV” for social network Renren’s 160 million users
Renren Inc., a leading real name social network in China and Viki, the global TV site powered by avid fans, have announced the launch of “VikiZone”, a dedicated section hosted on 56.com, Renren’s online video sharing website.
VikiZone will be powered by Viki, with hundreds of hours of Cartoon Network programmes and popular TNT dramas, among other global content. Come August, the shows will be available to Renren users on VikiZone. VikiZone will be promoted on both renren.com and 56.com, allowing users to share global video content across platforms with ease.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Renren to introduce some of the world’s most popular TV shows and movies, with fan-powered
translations, to hundreds of millions of potential new fans in China,” said Razmig Hovaghimian, Viki CEO and co-founder. “Viki has always had a community, which reinforces Renren platform’s social nature.”
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020