BREAKING: Viki to power “global TV” for social network Renren’s 160 million users
Renren Inc., a leading real name social network in China and Viki, the global TV site powered by avid fans, have announced the launch of “VikiZone”, a dedicated section hosted on 56.com, Renren’s online video sharing website.
VikiZone will be powered by Viki, with hundreds of hours of Cartoon Network programmes and popular TNT dramas, among other global content. Come August, the shows will be available to Renren users on VikiZone. VikiZone will be promoted on both renren.com and 56.com, allowing users to share global video content across platforms with ease.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Renren to introduce some of the world’s most popular TV shows and movies, with fan-powered
translations, to hundreds of millions of potential new fans in China,” said Razmig Hovaghimian, Viki CEO and co-founder. “Viki has always had a community, which reinforces Renren platform’s social nature.”
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 398 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 305 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020