BBC Worldwide Channels Asia announced that BBC Knowledge has topped viewership charts in June to emerge as the top factual channel in Singapore, beating all 11 channels in the factual entertainment category, which according to Kantar, includes Discovery Channel, History Channel, Nat Geo, Crime & Investigation, Animal Planet and truTV.
BBC Knowledge soared to the top of the factual channel charts during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend. Momentum carried through the month with royal-related programmes such as Days that Shook the World, Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant, The House of Windsor A Royal Dynasty and Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert, which were rated as the most watched royal-related shows on the channel.
Besides these programmes, Top Gear also proved a hit with viewers in June, attracting the highest share of viewing for both PMEBs and Adults 25-39 among the factual Pay-TV channel set. Primetime airings of James May’s Toy Stories, the premiere of Secret Wilderness: Japan as well as Feasts on the Tuesday Lonely Planet block also attracted many viewers’ support.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020