BBC Worldwide Channels Asia announced that BBC Knowledge has topped viewership charts in June to emerge as the top factual channel in Singapore, beating all 11 channels in the factual entertainment category, which according to Kantar, includes Discovery Channel, History Channel, Nat Geo, Crime & Investigation, Animal Planet and truTV.
BBC Knowledge soared to the top of the factual channel charts during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend. Momentum carried through the month with royal-related programmes such as Days that Shook the World, Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant, The House of Windsor A Royal Dynasty and Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert, which were rated as the most watched royal-related shows on the channel.
Besides these programmes, Top Gear also proved a hit with viewers in June, attracting the highest share of viewing for both PMEBs and Adults 25-39 among the factual Pay-TV channel set. Primetime airings of James May’s Toy Stories, the premiere of Secret Wilderness: Japan as well as Feasts on the Tuesday Lonely Planet block also attracted many viewers’ support.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 184 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020