Tokyo – NHK Enterprises (NEP) and CCTV-8, the drama channel of Chinese state broadcaster CCTV, have closed a licensing deal that will take three NHK drama series to China with the contract signed by Tetsuo Hiraga, NEP Senior Managing Director and Han Jianqun, CCTV-8 Deputy Controller at NEP’s Tokyo headquarters.
CCTV-8, launched in 1996 as an art and culture channel, extended its reach throughout China in 1999 became an all-drama channel and began broadcasting around the clock in 2010. Focusing on dramas produced in China, CCTV-8 stepped up its acquisition of high-quality foreign content with this deal as the first of its kind.
The three drama series, Angel’s Share, Divorced Under One Roof, and Cat Street, each tells a tale about contemporary Japanese youngsters and families in five or six episodes.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020