Joint research centre to promote film, TV cultural exchange between China and New Zealand
New Zealand – Pukeko Pictures, the Animation School of the Beijing Film Academy and Grand Entertainment Ltd (GZ) will be establishing the International Animation Technology Joint Research Centre to actively promote film and TV cultural exchange between China and New Zealand.
The first collaboration between these three parties consists of planned co-productions on the internationally successful animation series, The WotWots, created by Pukeko Pictures at the Weta Workshop. These plans include special co-produced WotWots TV episodes that will be unique to the Chinese market.
Prof. Sun Lijun, Dean of the Animation School and Vice-Principal of the Beijing Film Academy, commented: “For China’s film and television industry to grow, innovation is needed. The Animation School of the Beijing Film Academy is very thrilled to be working with Pukeko Pictures and Grand Entertainment in seeking more opportunities for the sharing of resources and know-how, and the exchange of culture and ideas, in the development of the industry.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 51 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 50 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020