Broadband passes 600 million subscriber milestone with Asia dominating the market share
According to the latest figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by broadband industry analysts Point Topic, broadband has passed another major milestone with the global total number of broadband subscribers soaring to over 600 million in the first quarter of 2012.
At CommunicAsia in Singapore, it was announced that the figures have highlighted the dominant position of Asia, led in both broadband and in IPTV by China. Asia continues to be the biggest overall region with 262,080,147 subscribers in total, having added 8,575,397 new lines at a growth rate of 3.38% in the quarter and 15.19% in the year.
Across the region, Russia, Brazil and India all continue to show above average growth rates with Ukraine and Turkey also showing high growth. China had the highest number of new subscribers with annual growth of 26.4 million. The highest annual growth rates are Russia’s 27.43% and Ukraine’s 26.82%, with China, India and Brazil also posting double-digit annual increase.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020