Broadband passes 600 million subscriber milestone with Asia dominating the market share
According to the latest figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by broadband industry analysts Point Topic, broadband has passed another major milestone with the global total number of broadband subscribers soaring to over 600 million in the first quarter of 2012.
At CommunicAsia in Singapore, it was announced that the figures have highlighted the dominant position of Asia, led in both broadband and in IPTV by China. Asia continues to be the biggest overall region with 262,080,147 subscribers in total, having added 8,575,397 new lines at a growth rate of 3.38% in the quarter and 15.19% in the year.
Across the region, Russia, Brazil and India all continue to show above average growth rates with Ukraine and Turkey also showing high growth. China had the highest number of new subscribers with annual growth of 26.4 million. The highest annual growth rates are Russia’s 27.43% and Ukraine’s 26.82%, with China, India and Brazil also posting double-digit annual increase.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 45 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020