London/Japan – HIT Entertainment has announced a major deal that will see the new CGI series of Thomas & Friends air on Japanese public broadcaster NHK for the very first time. Broadcast distribution on NHK will significantly increase the presence of the brand in the country.
As part of the multi-year agreement, Thomas & Friends will air weekly on NHK’s children’s entertainment block starting this month. The content will include all of the new CG-animated series as well as the hour–long Thomas & Friends specials, which NHK plans to air on a spot basis. All programming will be broadcast in Japanese. NHK will also take a co-production credit in Japan starting with series 16.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021