Burbank, California – Marvel’s latest superhero film The Avengers has shattered the domestic opening weekend records of all time with $207.4 million for May 4-6, according to The Walt Disney Studios. In 12 days, the film breached the $600 million threshold at the global box office with a cumulative worldwide gross of an estimated $654.8 million.
The Avengers is the fastest movie to reach $200 million domestically in just three days. The domestic debut on Friday, May 4, marked the second-highest single-day take of all time at $80.8 million, followed by record-breaking days on Saturday ($69.5 million) and Sunday ($57 million). The film has also received a rare and perfect A+ CinemaScore.
Marvel’s The Avengers, which stars Robert Downey, Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), began opening internationally April 25 and has set records as the biggest opening weekend of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Central America, Peru, Bolivia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, and United Arab Emirates. It opened in Russia May 3 with $17.9 million, making it the biggest Marvel opening weekend ever in the territory. It debuted in China on May 5 with $18 million over two days. Marvel’s The Avengers has now opened in all major markets except Israel (May 10), Poland (May 11), and Japan (August 17).
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020