Philippines’ TV5 partners with METRA to launch 24/7 weather and public information channel
Manila – Cignal, the Philippines’ fastest growing satellite TV provider and a TV5 sister company, will launch the Weather Information Network (WIN) – the country’s first dedicated 24/7 weather and public information channel – in partnership with METRA, New Zealand’s privately owned meteorological service.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) singled out TV5 and lauded its commitment to improving weather news broadcasting before the rainy season, which it predicts will start in mid-May.
“The longstanding collaboration between PAGASA and the media, TV5 in particular, has served the public very well specially during extreme weather events by communicating accurate weather information in a timely and prudent manner to the public,” said PAGASA Chief Dr. Nathaniel Servando.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 41 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020