Philippines’ TV5 partners with METRA to launch 24/7 weather and public information channel
Manila – Cignal, the Philippines’ fastest growing satellite TV provider and a TV5 sister company, will launch the Weather Information Network (WIN) – the country’s first dedicated 24/7 weather and public information channel – in partnership with METRA, New Zealand’s privately owned meteorological service.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) singled out TV5 and lauded its commitment to improving weather news broadcasting before the rainy season, which it predicts will start in mid-May.
“The longstanding collaboration between PAGASA and the media, TV5 in particular, has served the public very well specially during extreme weather events by communicating accurate weather information in a timely and prudent manner to the public,” said PAGASA Chief Dr. Nathaniel Servando.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 37 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020