NBCUniversal acquires majority stake in KidsCo
London – NBCUniversal International has announced the acquisition of a 51 percent stake in international children’s channel KidsCo, in partnership with existing shareholder and content supplier Corus Entertainment, who also increased its equity in the channel to 43.8 percent.
Cookie Jar will exit the joint venture after five years in order to expand and develop their business outside the KidsCo partnership, prompting NBCUniversal and Corus Entertainment to acquire Cookie Jar Entertainment’s minority stake.
Cookie Jar has entered into a new multi-year content licensing agreement to provide high-quality children’s programming for KidsCo’s channels worldwide, thereby assuring KidsCo’s existing programming schedules.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020