Philippines – GMA Network Inc. (GMA) has reported that the network continues to lead nationwide household audience share margins over ABS-CBN in the Philippines. In the fist quarter of the year, GMA remained in the lead in household audience share points in the National Urban Television Audience Measurement (NUTAM), based on data provided by Nielsen TV Audience Measurement. The trending of audience shares for the three competing channels in the country’s key areas remains unaltered.
GMA still commands double-digit leads over ABS-CBN and TV5 in Total Urban Luzon and Mega Manila, respectively, comprising 77 percent and 59 percent of total urban television households nationwide.
However, in terms of sales, the network’s television and radio airtime sections only reached PhP2.707 billion during the first quarter of the year, down 6 percent compared to the same period in 2011. Radio sales finished on par with last year’s, but the network’s second VHF channel launched at the end of February last year, which carried the free-to-air news channel GNTV, recorded gains in its top line by 7 percent.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 83 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 81 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020