New York – NHK WORLD TV, a stand-alone 24-hour English language TV news channel, is now available for the first time to more than seven million TV viewers in the New York City region.
NHK WORLD TV is available as digital broadcast through a dedicated, over-the-air channel on Regional News Network (WRNN — Channel 48.5). The network will also be available in HD to Time Warner Cable subscribers (Channel 771 in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Channel 792 in Bergen County, NJ and the Hudson Valley).
“NHK WORLD TV is expanding to New York because we believe there is a market for a US audience interested in Asian programming, focusing on breaking news from the region, Japanese culture, developments in society/politics and on being a key source for natural disasters news,” says Mr. Tetsushi Wakita, Head of NHK WORLD.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 177 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 111 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020