CA Media, the Asian investment arm of The Chernin Group (TCG), and Endemol, the world’s largest independent television producer, announced the formation of a strategic alliance in which CA Media has acquired a 49% stake in Endemol India. Deepak Dhar, who has been Managing Director of Endemol India since 2007, will continue to lead the company and is promoted to CEO.
Founded in 2006 and based out of Mumbai, Endemol India has grown to be one of India’s largest producers of entertainment television. The company is known for its successful shows including Bigg Boss (India’s version of Big Brother, which has had five seasons to date) and Fear Factor (four seasons) for Colors. Other hit programming includes talent shows Laughter Challenge (four seasons) and Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star (two seasons) for Star Plus, and over 400 episodes of Deal or No Deal and the recently launched The Money Drop for Sun Network.
Key strategic priorities for Endemol India include establishing a strong presence in the Indian film sector as well as expansion in scripted and regional television, areas in which Endemol India is already active. CA Media’s backing provides Endemol India with extensive operational experience from its principals and the required financial resources for executing the ambitious growth strategy. At the same time Endemol India will continue to produce and exploit Endemol’s global portfolio of formats and IP. International distribution of all content developed by the operation will be handled by Endemol.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020