Breaking@MIPTV: FINAS initiates ‘Film in Malaysia’ cash rebate scheme
Cannes – The National Film Development Corporation (FINAS) has announced the introduction of Film in Malaysia Production Incentive.
Local as well as foreign film and content productions, including feature films, animation, documentaries, television productions and commercials, will be eligible for a 30 percent cash rebate on audited in-country spend as long as they choose Malaysia as a location for production and post-production.
To be eligible for the rebate, productions need to meet a minimum spend criteria of RM2.5 million applicable to Malaysian productions and RM5 million in-country spend applicable to foreign productions.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020