London – Japanese TV and radio broadcaster Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and FremantleMedia, have entered a deal that will see FremantleMedia develop shows in ABC’s stable with a broader international appeal, into global formats. The two companies will first review the catalogue, before green-lighting the programmes that have a potential to be formatted. Satoshi Wakisaka, President, Asahi Broadcasting Corporation, said ABC is always looking to develop new programming and FremantleMedia’s reputation for customizing Japanese content for global audiences, makes the partnership an ideal one.
Ad – Before Content
- Asia’s growing appetite for the C-drama wave (Part two)
- Asia’s growing appetite for the C-drama wave
- Discovery, Inc. names Anil Jhingan as President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific
- Viacom18 Consumer Products launches an exclusive range of Garfield merchandise
- Thailand pay-TV services market revenue to reach US$1.1 billion in 2026, forecasts GlobalData
- Singapore Media Festival 2021: Connecting our content creators to global media players and audiences