Singapore – The winners of this year’s Asian Television Awards have been announced. Thirty-nine awards were given out during a gala dinner and awards ceremony at the Shangri-La Hotel. CNN International won five awards, the most of the night. The network was named Cable & Satellite Network and Channel of the Year, along with other wins for Bangladesh Begging Boy, Nepal’s Stolen Children and Anna Coren for World Report. Japan’s NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corp.) General Channel was awarded Terrestrial Channel of the Year. The network also won for Best Natural History of Wildlife Programme and Best Single Drama or Telemovie Programme. The award for Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year went to MediaCorp, which also won Best Comedy Programme for The Noose Season 4 and Best Lifestyle Programme for Stressbuster (Episode 1). The three winners for Superpitch, held earlier on the same day, were also announced during the awards ceremony. Best Documentary pitch went to K&Y Distribution of Japan for Samurai in Fukushima; Best Children/Preschool pitch went to Malaysia’s Story Me Studios for Pajama Jump; and Best Formats pitch was given to PT Borneo Productions’ Jungle Racer Borneo. For a full list of winners, go to http://ata.onscreenasia.com/ata2011/ata-2011-winner-list.asp.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 42 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020