Singapore – MediaCorp 8 International (8i) is launching on Australia’s FetchTV this month on Channel 817. This follows the channel’s recent launch in Indonesia on Indovision. 8i is an extension of Singapore’s free-to-air Mandarin channel – Channel 8. It is a 24-hour channel dedicated to Chinese drama series, offering six hours of fresh content daily that includes the latest drama series and classics from MediaCorp’s catalogue. Scott Lorson, Chief Executive Officer of FetchTV, said multicultural programming such as 8i, are an important part of the company’s strategy to reach out to Australia’s diverse population. The channel is part of the Singapore-Taiwan package offered by FetchTV, which includes 12 other channels such as CCTV News, CIT TV and JET TV. FetchTV is a wholesale subscription TV provider to Internet service providers in Australia.
Ad – Before Content
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment acquires Locomotive Global
- NHK WORLD-JAPAN launches ’17 Goals for Our World’ campaign to complement upcoming COP26 Climate Change Conference
- The untold story of Asia’s ‘El Chapo’ is coming exclusively to Discovery in ‘The World’s Biggest Druglord – Tse Chi Lop’
- Eight local filmmakers selected as winners of Singapore’s 4th Viddsee Juree Awards
- Fremantle Australia teams up with Archipelago Production for ‘Bay of Fires’
- Disney+ Singapore celebrates everyday heroes with local singer-songwriters Gentle Bones and Iman Fandi