Netflix is deepening its reach into original programming, with the online streaming service striking a deal to air all-new episodes of Arrested Development exclusively on its platform in 2013. 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce this latest season, although other details such as the number of episodes and whether the original cast members are returning is currently unknown. In a press release, 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman, said, “This innovative deal with Netflix represents a new business model that is extremely exciting and opens the door for a wide range of new collaborations.” Netflix first made its move into the original programming space earlier this year, when it commissioned House of Cards, a drama starring Kevin Spacey, to be aired exclusively in late-2012.
Ad – Before Content
- Singapore Media Festival 2021: Connecting our content creators to global media players and audiences
- Keshet Studios teams with David E. Kelley and Universal Television on ‘The Missing’
- ZEE5 Global drops trailer of first ZEE5 Original Drama Series ‘E Emon Porichoy’
- Beijing Gehua Cable (BGC) overhauls infrastructure with the help of ATEME
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment acquires Locomotive Global
- NHK WORLD-JAPAN launches ’17 Goals for Our World’ campaign to complement upcoming COP26 Climate Change Conference