Netflix is deepening its reach into original programming, with the online streaming service striking a deal to air all-new episodes of Arrested Development exclusively on its platform in 2013. 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce this latest season, although other details such as the number of episodes and whether the original cast members are returning is currently unknown. In a press release, 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman, said, “This innovative deal with Netflix represents a new business model that is extremely exciting and opens the door for a wide range of new collaborations.” Netflix first made its move into the original programming space earlier this year, when it commissioned House of Cards, a drama starring Kevin Spacey, to be aired exclusively in late-2012.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 80 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 39 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020