Palo Alto, California/ Hong Kong – Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), a provider of commercial satellites, and Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), have announced the signing of two construction agreements for two communications satellites, AsiaSat 6 and AsiaSat 8. The contracts include AsiaSat 6 with a C-band payload and AsiaSat 8 with both Ku-band and Ka-band. The two satellites will serve Asia, the Middle East and Australasia, and are designed on the decade’s SS/L 1300 satellite platform, which provides the flexibility for a broad range of applications and technology advances. The satellites are planned to be launched by early 2014.
Ad – Before Content
- ZEE5 Global announces second season of ‘Never Kiss Your Best Friend’
- Asia Video Summit wraps up a week of events highlighting the resilience of the industry
- TechStorm makes landmark inaugural launch in Bangladesh
- Fremantle Australia produces new psychological drama ‘Significant Others’
- Satellite remains an essential element of video distribution alongside the growth of OTT
- Fremantle announces Season 2 of Steve Backshall’s ‘Expedition’ to launch in 144 territories