VOD/PPV platform YOU On Demand and Ericsson, have launched a next-generation television service in the People’s Republic of China. The companies are deploying the first secure internet protocol delivery system of digital content to cable operators throughout China. The system ensures digital assets are protected at every stage of the delivery process and provides cable operators access to the premium Hollywood and domestic content their subscribers want. More than 50 per cent of global on-demand content assets are processed by Ericsson solutions. YOU On Demand joins a list of companies using Ericsson’s content management solutions that includes HBO, Showtime and Starz. YOU On Demand utilizes Ericsson’s MediaPath® secure content delivery system and Xport® Producer comprehensive storage encoding solution to implement its VOD and PPV platform. The platform is the first comprehensive end-to-end system of its kind for the largest television market in the world.YOU On Demand expects its services will be available to 3 million subscribers by the end of the year.
Ad – Before Content
- ZEE5 Global announces second season of ‘Never Kiss Your Best Friend’
- Asia Video Summit wraps up a week of events highlighting the resilience of the industry
- TechStorm makes landmark inaugural launch in Bangladesh
- Fremantle Australia produces new psychological drama ‘Significant Others’
- Satellite remains an essential element of video distribution alongside the growth of OTT
- Fremantle announces Season 2 of Steve Backshall’s ‘Expedition’ to launch in 144 territories