Life Inspired (Li) gave a taste of its second original production, The Maverick Chef, during an exclusive tasting session at the Mandarin Hotel on Tuesday. The series, co-produced by Ochre Pictures, Li and the Media Development Authority of Singapore, visits six Asian countries, where Michelin-star chef Hong Kong chef Alvin Leung deconstructs and reinvents national dishes. This is the second co-production that Li has green lit this year. Going into 2012, Anne Chan, general manager of Li, told TV ASIA Plus the network aims to air more such co-productions every quarter. One of these will be the second series of The Maverick Chef. Although chef Leong could not disclose the locations and national dishes planned he did share, “The further away the destination, the more exciting and challenging!” Series 1 premieres on 13 November.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Jiang Ji-Zheng, Director of Photography, ‘Love and Destiny’
- Barcroft Studios rebrands as Future Studios
- LiveU transforms national live basketball coverage in Australia
- Vuulr and Kanal D International partner to expand distribution of premium Turkish content
- iQiyi Original K-series ‘Jirisan’ set for global premiere on 23 October
- ABS-CBN’s top-grossing films to be adapted for the Indian film market