New York/Mumbai – History launched in HD in India this week. The channel is operated by AETN18 Media Pvt. Ltd., a joint venture between A+E Networks and Network18. The channel, which began broadcast on 9 October, is available across all major markets in India. According to AETN18, it is projected to reach more than 40 million households within two weeks of its debut. History India is distributed via cable TV platforms including Den Networks and Hathaway Cable, and DTH platforms such as Tata Sky and Dish TV as well as other leading independent analogue and digital platforms in the country. Available in six languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi, this offering is more than any other factual entertainment channel in the market, allowing the channel to reach more than 70 per cent of the television audience in their native language.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’