Armoza Formats has licensed its first broadcast deal in Asia for its game show Upgrade, to South Korean network Channel A. A local version of the format will be produced by Box Media Productions, as part of Channel A’s starting lineup of programming, set to launch in early 2012. The South Korean commission joins other current international productions of the show, including on Canada’s V Tele (Quebec) and Norway’s TV2. License deals are also being negotiated in additional territories. Upgrade goes into people’s homes, challenging families and roommates to play for the chance to upgrade items like leaky refrigerators, slow-running computers and out-dated bedroom sets. Each round of trivia they win earns the house a brand-new item.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 57 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 40 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020