Armoza Formats has licensed its first broadcast deal in Asia for its game show Upgrade, to South Korean network Channel A. A local version of the format will be produced by Box Media Productions, as part of Channel A’s starting lineup of programming, set to launch in early 2012. The South Korean commission joins other current international productions of the show, including on Canada’s V Tele (Quebec) and Norway’s TV2. License deals are also being negotiated in additional territories. Upgrade goes into people’s homes, challenging families and roommates to play for the chance to upgrade items like leaky refrigerators, slow-running computers and out-dated bedroom sets. Each round of trivia they win earns the house a brand-new item.
Ad – Before Content
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV
- New competition series spearhead format focus in Distribution360’s autumn slate
- Axom goes live with Synamedia’s video processing solutions to add new channels and optimize bandwidth
- ZEE5 Global: Capturing captivating stories from India to the world
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches brand new CM+ channel on Singtel TV in Singapore