Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad is foraying into broadcast television by taking up a 51 per cent stake in LI TV Holdings Limited, the owner of Li, Life Inspired, Asia’s first High Definition (HD) pan-regional lifestyle TV channel. Star’s partner in LI TV Holdings is Juita Viden International Ltd, a member of the Juita Viden Media Entertainment Group, an independent television programme distributor in Malaysia. Star will invest RM35 million for the 51 per cent stake while Juita Viden International will hold a 49 per cent interest in LI TV Holdings, which is incorporated in Hong Kong. Li is shown over Astro’s channel 706 and other Pay TV broadcasters in Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Taiwan.
Ad – Before Content
- Fremantle Australia teams up with Archipelago Production for ‘Bay of Fires’
- Disney+ Singapore celebrates everyday heroes with local singer-songwriters Gentle Bones and Iman Fandi
- AXN Asia’s new show ‘CSI: Vegas’ ranked as top English-language program on Starhub TV Singapore during first week of premiere
- Nelvana secures distribution of ‘The Hardy Boys’ on Disney+ internationally
- Abacus Media Rights partners with Media Musketeer for sci-fi thriller ‘Pulse’
- BARC India THINK report: Ad volumes on TV spurt to highest levels in 2021 as festive season kicks off