First American Idol, now Germany’s Big Brother. Endemol has launched a voting platform on Facebook in Germany for the reality television series, Big Brother. For the first time ever, fans will be able to vote online for the contestant that they would like to see leave the “Big Brother” house. Up until now viewers have only been able to place their votes by calling in or sending text messages. Endemol in cooperation with plazz entertainment AG, has developed one of the first voting applications in the world integrating Facebook credits. The application makes it possible for all fans to take part in the weekly voting at www.facebook.com/BigBrotherDeutschland by using Facebook credits. This move by Endemol in Germany follows that of Fox Broadcasting Company in the United States, which earlier this year employed the social networking site on a trial basis for season 10 of American Idol. The move was a success for the highest-rated television programme in the country as it drew in a record-breaking number of votes, reviving interest in the singing competition after having lost viewers in its previous two seasons. Endemol also announced that the application will be used by the upcoming season of the United Kingdom edition of Big Brother.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’