Al Jazeera has announced the appointment of Jonathan Wong as its new Head of Distribution for Asia. A veteran of the multimedia industry with more than 20 years of experience throughout Asia, Europe and North America, Jonathan will spearhead the network’s efforts to continue expanding Al Jazeera’s award winning content throughout the region. Prior to joining Al Jazeera, Jonathan has held several senior positions such as Director of Channel Distribution for Celestial Pictures Ltd. where he successfully launched the first global 24-hour Chinese movie channel in Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia within eight months on five DTH and cable platforms. He also served as Associate VP for Business Operations at Star Group Ltd., where he worked closely with business development and technical teams on regional projects which included a JV with the Koo’s Group in Taiwan on cable network digitization and the launching of Xing Kong Channel in China. Most recently, he had worked with NDS Group Ltd., the market leader for digital pay-TV solutions, in various sales and marketing positions in Asia Pacific.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’