Australia – ABC Commercial has sold the newly animated Bananas in Pyjamas series (104 x 12’) to Disney Junior and five free to air broadcasters in the Asia Pacific region. The stars B1 and B2 will soon be running down the stairs in CGI animation in South East Asia and individually in Thailand, Singapore, The Philippines, Hong Kong and New Zealand. In the new episodes the Bananas get up to their typically hilarious antics along with old and new friends from Cuddlestown. Buena Vista International for Walt Disney Television International (Southeast Asia) have acquired the series to appear as part of their launch for Disney Junior channel on July 11. Territories where Free TV rights have sold include Thailand (BBTV and Tiga), Singapore (Okto), New Zealand (Mediaworks C4), and Hong Kong (TVB) while ABS-CBN in The Philippines has also bought the new animated programmes, building the Bananas brand for the channel who have also acquired the original series. The animated Bananas in Pyjamas series is a Southern Star Entertainment and Southern Star Singapore Production for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 111 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020