Singapore – StarHub will launch a dedicated ScreenSingapore Channel on its TV platform on channel 101 from 7pm on June 1, till midnight on June 19. ScreenSingapore Channel will air snippets of the film event’s World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Masterclass and ‘In Conversation’ series, which will share insights from key leaders of the motion picture industry on film production and distribution. Viewers will also be able to catch reports of the Red-Carpet action during ScreenSingapore’s nightly Red-Carpet Gala Premieres – by-invitation-only screenings of the latest films with star cast in attendance. Additionally, StarHub will broadcast a behind-the-scenes look at the latest summer releases, featuring interviews of the film cast and directors. These films include Hollywood titles such as the comedy drama Larry Crowne starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, the latest sci-fi thriller, Super 8 directed by J.J. Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg, and the family comedy Mr. Popper’s Penguins starring Jim Carrey. For film festival fans, StarHub will broadcast interviews of the talent behind the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival Competition modern family comedy Jesus Henry Christ, directed by Dennis Lee and starring Michael Sheen, Toni Collette and Jason Spevack. A tribute to Bollywood will see superstar Shah Rukh Khan present a sneak preview of his upcoming science-fiction superhero film, Ra.One, directed by Anubhav Sinha. Asian titles include the latest Hong Kong martial arts comedy Treasure Inn helmed by actors Nick Cheung and Huang Yi, and the Warner Bros’ live adaptation of Ai Yazawa’s popular manga – Paradise Kiss.
Ad – Before Content
- Vishal Bhardwaj and Netflix come together for the upcoming spy-thriller ‘Khufiya’
- ZEE5 Global launches Original web series ‘Pavitra Rishta – It’s Never Too Late’
- WTFN secures multiple re-commissions with the 9Network
- iQiyi exclusively streams ‘Yumi’s Cells’ starring Kim Go-eun and Ahn Bo-hyun
- BBC Studios announces expanded partnership with Astro
- KAN 11, A+E Studios, and Ananey Studios to produce the supernatural thriller ‘The Malevolent Bride’