London – BBC Worldwide is to provide Italy with the history of Italian opera, it was announced at the 35th annual BBC Showcase in Brighton. Public broadcaster RAI has acquired Opera Italia, a three-part documentary presented by famed conductor Antonio Pappano that takes the viewer on a whistle-stop tour through the country’s opera history, from Monteverdi and Rossini to Verdi and Puccini. Further music titles secured by the broadcaster include Rolling Stones documentary, Stones in Exile and U2=BBC, a behind-the-scenes look at the supergroup as they played LIVE to London fans in 2009. Also investing in BBC Worldwide’s music catalogue is Cielo Television who has bought the John Lennon biopic, Lennon: Naked. BBC Worldwide also announced the sales of other major drama titles. RAI secured Misfits (S1&2), Doctor Who (S1-5), Primeval (S1-3) and Being Erica (S1-3); Fox Italy acquired Luther, Misfits (S1&2) and Strike Back for the pay TV window; and Sherlock has been snapped up by Mediaset.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 81 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 39 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020