Singapore – Online portal xinmsn celebrates its first anniversary in April and to mark the event, it will launch its first interactive web-drama Let’s Play Love. The series, which debuts April 4, is the first of many web originals that will be offered in the new “xinfirst” segment on xinmsn. Let’s Play Love is produced by MediaCorp’s Chinese Drama unit and consists of 20 three-minute episodes. Viewers are given the opportunity to contribute opinions to the show, which will be integrated into future episodes. Users may also shape the drama and decide on the outcome of the show. The web-drama will broadcast in blocks of five episodes, then break for one week for the production to film the next episodes based on viewer input. The show will be broadcast on Channel U after its release on xinmsn. Mr Philip Koh, Managing Director, Interactive Media, MediaCorp says, “xinmsn’s performance has really surpassed our expectations. We are catching a whole new set of eyeballs on a platform which allows for greater feedback and interactivity. Let’s Play Love is made for the web generation. Through its interactive function we want to further engage the viewers and make xinmsn the go-to destination for valued entertainment.” Mr Yeo Chun Cheng, Director, Broadcast and Music, Media Development Authority added. “As consumers are increasingly turning to the Internet for entertainment and information, Singapore content producers are seizing the new opportunities available. We look forward to more original web-based productions from MediaCorp and independent producers that exploit new media platforms to increase the value of their content properties.” Since its debut in April last year, xinmsn, has become Singapore’s top portal attracting more than 1.9million unique visitors. and also Singapore’s top video site with 4 million streams per month.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,539 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 114 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020