London – BBC Worldwide’s Sales & Distribution business in Asia has announced nearly 300 hours’ worth of drama has been sold to digital cable VOD service HomeChoice and telecoms company SKTelecom (SKT). SKT is the number one mobile service operator in South Korea with a subscriber base of 26 million. This is BBC Worldwide’s first mobile deal in Korea, and subscribers will be able to view content on their mobile device and TV and PC screens with one purchase. The same package of titles will shortly be launching on HomeChoice, whose 2.5 million subscribers will be able to watch the programmes via their set top box service The titles include Doctor Who series 1 to 3 (A BBC Production in association with CBC), Primeval (An Impossible Pictures production for ITV, ProSieben and M6), Sherlock (A Hartswood Films production for BBC co-produced with MASTERPIECE), Spooks series 1 and 2 (A Kudos Film and Television production for BBC), Strike Back (A Left Bank Pictures production for Sky One), and Survivors (A BBC Production). At ATF 2010, BBC Worldwide announced that MBC Plus Media in South Korea has licensed the Dancing with the Stars format. This was BBC Worldwide’s first format sale to South Korea, and capped a successful year for Dancing with the Stars in Asia, following sales to Indonesia (IVM) and Vietnam (VTV3).
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020