Singapore – Travel Channel International and GlobeCast announced the successful migration of Travel Channel’s Asia signal from Asiasat to GlobeCast’s capacity on the MEASAT-3 satellite. The move was initiated to support the channel’s HD launch later in the year while allowing it to expand to new territories and platforms in the Asia-Pacific region. Travel Channel joins a major broadcast neighbourhood, side-by-side other GlobeCast clients on MEASAT-3, such as Fox Crime, FX, Fashion One HD, National Geographic Channel HD, History Channel HD, National Geographic Wild HD, AXN HD (Korea and Asia) and TV5 Monde’s newly launched Vietnamese feed. In the Asia-Pacific region, Travel Channel is currently distributed in New Zealand, Malaysia and Japan. The channel is also distributed through branded blocks in Korea, India, Sri Lanka and mobile distribution in Brunei. Worldwide, the channel is seen in 117 countries.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand