London – BBC Worldwide has announced 22 sales of Human Planet, one of the natural history titles on its slate for BBC Showcase 2011. The eight-part co-production with Discovery Channel and France Television, has been sold to broadcasters in countries such as Japan (WOWOW), Italy (RAI), Israel (IBA), Slovakia (RTV Slovak), Spain (Wanda Films) and Thailand (Thai PBS) amongst others. Human Planet is the first programme from the BBC’s Natural History Unit to focus entirely on human beings as a subject. With narration by John Hurt and soundtrack by award-winning composer Nitin Sawhney, the series examines the relationship between humankind and nature, with each episode focusing on a particular habitat and revealing how its people have adapted to life there. The BBC Showcase 2011 slate includes another strong line-up of world-leading natural history programmes. The much-anticipated Frozen Planet reunites narrator Sir David Attenborough with the award-winning team behind Blue Planet and Planet Earth. Earthflight, more than three years in the making, uses cutting-edge techniques to film aerial images of the world as seen by birds. Held in Brighton, the annual showcase closes on March 2nd, and has been attended by more than 550 buyers, an increase of 12 per cent from last year.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 72 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020