Supreme Education Council signs MOU with Al Jazeera Children’s Channel
Doha – The Supreme Education Council of Qatar (SEC) and Al Jazeera Children’s Channel (JCC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) giving all Independent Schools working under SEC’s umbrella access to JCC’s VoD educational website Taalam.TV launched early last year. The educational portal’s database is rich with thousands of audiovisual materials extracted from the Channel’s library and further more enriched with curricula-based tutoring documents to assist educators in offering more stimulating and engaging classes’ subjects. According to the MOU, JCC is committed to providing the necessary teachers’ training, resources, and technical installation for Taalam.TV in schools. Taalam.TV has been designed in collaboration with a group of Arab teachers and educational experts making it the first educational Video-on-Demand online platform in the Arab World. JCC recently signed a similar agreement with UNRWA, and previously signed an MOU with the Ministry of Education in the Sultanate of Oman in April 2010. Taalam.TV is currently being used by more than 500,000 Arab students in more than 500 schools from 28 countries across the globe including Qatar, KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, the Palestinian Territories, France, Britain, USA and Canada.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 39 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020