Lost’ finale to air in Singapore, Australia within 2 days of US telecast
Singapore/London/Hong Kong – The Walt Disney Company today announced the season finale of ‘Lost’ will be made available to viewers between 24 to 48 hours after the U.S. broadcast. Driven by fan demand – and regardless of the international time difference – the non-subtitled finale will be simultaneously broadcast with the US West Coast (May 23rd, from 9pm PST) in a number of territories. In total, 59 countries (including only two in the Asia Pacific region) will air the two-and-a-half-hour final episode with subtitles for viewers in non-English speaking territories. SingTel will be airing the finale in Singapore via its premium video on demand service mio TV Season Pass. In Australia, the final episode will air on Channel 7 and 7TWO. The series is licensed as part of their existing ‘Hot from the US’ agreements with Disney Media Distribution, which bring series such as ‘Lost,’ ‘Desperate Housewives’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ to international platforms in a 24-48 hour window from US broadcast. Tim Carmichael, VP of mio TV. “Fans of the series will be anxious to see which secrets of the island are finally revealed. With mio TV they have the ability to watch the finale at a time that suits them and to pause and rewind at their convenience. New and compelling content, including the best of US TV series, is important to our customers, and we are very pleased that our partnership with Disney enables us to deliver this to them.” The company also announced that the non-subtitled finale will be simultaneously broadcast with the US West Coast (May 23rd, from 9pm PST) on Fox Italia and Telecom Italia in Italy, Fox Spain and Portugal, Digiturk Turkey and HOT Israel.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,467 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 72 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020