The Walt Disney Company India & Sun Distribution Services ink distribution deal
Mumbai – The Walt Disney Company in India has signed a multi-year agreement with Sun Distribution Services, a division of Kal Comm Pvt. Ltd from the Sun Network Group, for channel distribution of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Hungama TV, across multiple platforms including cable TV, direct-to-home (DTH) and IPTV. This deal comes into effect from 1 April 2010. As part of the agreement, Sun Distribution Services will take Disney’s television channels to kids and families in over 70 million homes across the country. The Disney Network of Channels showcases three of the top 10 television shows for kids in the country and is a key affinity driver for the brand in India. Disney Channel, Disney XD and Hungama TV bring to kids and families the very best of local and international programming, including animation and live action, pre-school programs and original movies. “This important distribution partnership brings the best of Disney’s compelling channel portfolio together with Sun’s extensive distribution and broadcast capabilities in India to share our award winning stories and characters with the largest kids TV market in the world,” said Rob Gilby, senior vice president and managing director, Disney-ABC International Television Asia Pacific.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 110 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020