Mumbai – The Walt Disney Company in India has signed a multi-year agreement with Sun Distribution Services, a division of Kal Comm Pvt. Ltd from the Sun Network Group, for channel distribution of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Hungama TV, across multiple platforms including cable TV, direct-to-home (DTH) and IPTV. This deal comes into effect from 1 April 2010. As part of the agreement, Sun Distribution Services will take Disney’s television channels to kids and families in over 70 million homes across the country. The Disney Network of Channels showcases three of the top 10 television shows for kids in the country and is a key affinity driver for the brand in India. Disney Channel, Disney XD and Hungama TV bring to kids and families the very best of local and international programming, including animation and live action, pre-school programs and original movies.
Ad – Before Content
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches brand new CM+ channel on Singtel TV in Singapore
- ATEME enables DL Gtpl to launch cable headend In India
- Southern Cross Austereo chooses MediaHub Australia to manage and deliver Sky News Regional Channels across Australia
- Astro expands its OTT aggregation play with TVB Anywhere+ App
- Vishal Bhardwaj and Netflix come together for the upcoming spy-thriller ‘Khufiya’
- ZEE5 Global launches Original web series ‘Pavitra Rishta – It’s Never Too Late’