Singapore – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) announced its net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2009 rose 24 percent to S$991 million, with its businesses in Singapore, Australia and regional mobile associates reporting improved performance. The Group’s revenue posted a 20 percent gain to S$4.45 billion, driven by steady growth from Singapore and assisted by the stronger Australian dollar. mio TV had a record quarterly net additions of 29,000 customers, bringing its total customer base to 155,000. StarHub Cable TV’s latest subscriber numbers stand at 539,000. SingTel had unveiled price packages for customers watching the Barclay’s Premier League (BPL) season 2010/2011. BPL customers will pay around half of the current subscription on rival StarHub and get free sports content when they sign up for early bird promotions. Mobile communications revenue grew 8.9 percent to S$406 million and was the top revenue stream this quarter. In the quarter SingTel’s total mobile customer rose to 3.2 million, an increase of 8.1 per cent from a year ago. SingTel continues to be the market leader with 46.2 percent market share. AMPed, a first-of-its-kind mobile music service in Asia, won the GSMA’s Asia Mobile Award for ‘Best Mobile Music Service’ in November 2009. Mobile data services continued to be strong, accounting for 35 per cent of ARPU this quarter, an increase from 32 percent a year ago. The customer base for mobile broadband reached 413,000 with 107,000 customer added in the quarter, driven by higher demand for iPhone and other mobile Internet devices.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020