Singapore/New Delhi – GlobeCast has created a new division in Asia to oversee the content acquisition and distribution (CAD) business. GlobeCast’s CAD team is actively securing carriage deals for TV channels and content providers with DTH, Cable and IPTV platform operators worldwide. Within Asia, one of the company’s key CAD projects executed was for Russia Today, with the channel outsourcing a bulk of its Asian distribution activity to GlobeCast. In less than a year, GlobeCast secured regulatory clearances on behalf of the channel and launched the broadcaster to 16 key digital platforms in India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Indonesia and Philippines. This ensured the channel’s reach to more than 25 million homes in the region. The channel can be viewed by subscribers of SingTel, StarHub, Hong Kong Cable, SK Broadband, Destiny Cable, Indovision, and India’s DISH DTH, WWIL CABLE, DISH HITS, INCABLE, 7 STAR CABLE, BIG TV DTH, AIRTEL DTH, DD DIRECT, HATHWAY CABLE and SUN DIRECT DTH. The project also involved securing carriage for RT in more than 30,000 rooms in 200+ four & 5 star hotels in India. GlobeCast is also responsible for signal monitoring as well as the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and marketing activities for Russia Today.
Ad – Before Content
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand
- The Walt Disney Company to celebrate Disney+ Day on November 12
- Abacus Media Rights secures international sales for ‘The Beatles and India’ feature documentary
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’