Hong Kong – Fox International Channels (FIC) is adding a new channel to its bouquet with the launch of tvN (Total Variety Network) in Hong Kong. Korean general entertainment channel tvN makes its first debut on now TV Channel 526 with Chinese versioning for Hong Kong audiences to better experience the unique Korean flavor. tvN is a joint venture between FIC and CJ Media, Korea’s media powerhouse and the creator of some of Asia’s most exciting entertainment programming. It will deliver a line-up of exclusive, self-produced dramas, entertainment, reality and lifestyle programs, localized for the Hong Kong market and packaged to appeal to the territory’s hottest young consumers. Hong Kong viewers can get access to Korean superstars in tvN’s starstudded programs featuring Rain, Lee Jun Ki, Kwon Sang Woo, Song Hye Kyo, Park Eun Hye, Lee Hyo Ri, Big Bang, Super Junior and more. Launched earlier in Taiwan, the arrival of tvN in Hong Kong marks a milestone of Fox International Channels’ development in Asia to further expand its channel offerings with firstclass local content that is of interest to regional audiences. It also further develops its audience reach and share of viewing for advertisers to target the fast growing demographics of Korean cults in Asia. Company says the channel will launch soon in other Southeast Asian markets.
Ad – Before Content
- Fremantle Australia teams up with Archipelago Production for ‘Bay of Fires’
- Disney+ Singapore celebrates everyday heroes with local singer-songwriters Gentle Bones and Iman Fandi
- AXN Asia’s new show ‘CSI: Vegas’ ranked as top English-language program on Starhub TV Singapore during first week of premiere
- Nelvana secures distribution of ‘The Hardy Boys’ on Disney+ internationally
- Abacus Media Rights partners with Media Musketeer for sci-fi thriller ‘Pulse’
- BARC India THINK report: Ad volumes on TV spurt to highest levels in 2021 as festive season kicks off