Korea Communications Commission: KT nears 1mn IPTV subs
South Korea – Data from the Korea Communications Commission (KCC) has revealed that telco KT had 988,000 subscribers for its IPTV service ‘Qook TV’, with 703,000 customers using its broadcast service and around 285,000 customers using its VOD-only service, reports The Korea Herald. However, the country’s three IPTV operators – KT, SK Broadband and LG Dacom – are unlikely to meet the target of a combined 2mn subscribers for broadcast IPTV services which the KCC has set for the end of 2009. According to the KCC, there are currently around 1.24mn subscribers to broadcast IPTV services in the country. SK Broadband has around 817,000 customers for its IPTV service (both broadcast and VOD), while LG Dacom has just under 300,000, according to latest data from the KCC.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,467 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 72 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020