NBC Universal appoints General Counsel, Asia Pacific Television Group
Singapore – Alec Skelton has been appointed to the role of general counsel, Asia Pacific at NBC Universal Television Group. The announcement was made by Raymund Miranda, managing director Asia Pacific, Universal Networks International and Satpal Brainch, president and managing director, CNBC Asia, to whom he will be jointly reporting. The new appointment is effective immediately. Skelton will play a key leadership role in managing and leading the legal team across both businesses as they continue with their aggressive roll out into Asia, India, Japan and Australia. Prior to joining NBC Universal, Skelton was senior vice president and senior counsel for STAR TV based in Singapore, involved in channel distribution, ad sales and content partnerships as well as ventures, policy development, enforcement of rights and dispute resolution. Before his stint at STAR TV, Skelton held various positions in Hong Kong and London, including roles with Disney ABC International Television and with Linklaters Law Firm.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 36 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020