Asia Broadcast Satellite announced that it has selected Space Systems/Loral to manufacture the ABS-2 spacecraft which is scheduled for launch in 2012 with Arianespace. It will be launched by an Ariane 5 ECA from the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana. ABS-2 will be co-located with ABS-1 at 75 degrees East Longitude. The ABS-1 satellite is one of the most successful satellites in Asia Pacific in terms of fill rate with more than 14 years of fuel life remaining. ABS-2 will expand the success of ABS-1 by adding up to 78 transponders to the already existing 44 transponders for a total of 122 active transponders at the 75°E orbital location. ABS-2 was specifically designed for a wide range of services including DTH, cable TV distribution, VSAT services, data networks and telecommunications services. ABS-2 will provide expansion capacity to existing ABS-1 customers, and will also act as in-orbit spare and provide backup for the ABS-1 transponders.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020