Cannes – Following the launch of its new International Film Fund (IFF) at the start of the Cannes Film Market, Singapore’s Media Development Authority (MDA) announced the appointment of Hong Kong’s Distribution Workshop as the worldwide sales agent for the first batch of films produced under the IFF. Application for IFF is now open. The deadline of the first call of proposals is 31 July 2009. Applicants already associated with sales representation are welcome to apply, but must be open to negotiating territories with Distribution Workshop. Selected applicants will be required to pitch their projects to a committee comprising representatives from MDA and Distribution Workshop. Upon selection, the winning projects will have their own dedicated distribution executives involved from the onset of pre-production. After completion, the films will be distributed to the worldwide marketplace by Distribution Workshop. The recently launched IFF facilitates collaborations between international creative talents, and the participation of local above-the-line talents and Singapore’s production and post-production facilities in international film productions. MDA’s co-investment amount in the IFF projects will be tiered depending on the extent of above-the-line involvement from Singapore companies.
Ad – Before Content
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’
- iQiyi Hallyu Season sees the release of major K-drama series and films
- Australians in Film announce Chris Hemsworth, Jacki Weaver and more to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship
- ABS-CBN Superview streams classic Filipino movies, series for free worldwide on YouTube
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’