AETN International expands digital footprint across Asia
New York – AETN International has signed a number of VOD and mobile agreements in Korea, Japan, the Philippines and South East Asia. In Korea, AETN International has signed an agreement with IPTV platform LG to launch a History-branded VOD service, and has renewed an agreement with SK Broadband (formerly Hanaro) for a VOD service. Earlier this year, AETN International announced an agreement with Korea Telecom to launch History HD VOD on its IPTV service, Korea Telecom MegaTV. The HISTORY brand and programs are now available on all three IPTV platforms in Korea and programs on each of the services are languaged in Korean. A separate agreement has been reached with TU Media to bring programs from History to its S-DMB mobile TV service. The programs are languaged in Korean and mark the first time History programs are available via a mobile service in Korea. An agreement with Digital Media Mart in Japan brings the first online History VOD service to that country. The programs will be languaged in Japanese and include episodes of Dogfights, Battle Stations and Lost Worlds. History has signed an agreement to launch a full channel on the new SMART mobile TV service in the Philippines, which will mark the first launch of a HISTORY mobile service using DVB-H technology. To date, AETN International has launched 21 different mobile TV services with more than 15 mobile carriers. AETN has also extended its global portal agreement with MSN to include Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, The Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. MSN will include a page for three AETN brands on its MSN video service, including History, The Biography Channel (BIO) and A&E Network. MSN will also provide additional online media value in the region.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,079 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020