Shine Television announced that Jamie Munro, Tiger Aspect commercial director and SVP international production, is to join the company, assuming a joint managing director role alongside Karen Smith who has been promoted from director of programmes. The appointments will see Smith and Munro undertaking complementary creative and commercial roles assuming the day to day responsibilities of, and reporting to, chairman and CEO of Shine Group Elisabeth Murdoch, and president of Shine Group Alex Mahon respectively. The move ensures a full time dedicated management team for Shine Television whilst allowing Murdoch and Mahon to devote time evenly across the Shine Group of companies that include Kudos, Firefly, Princess Productions, US producers Reveille and international distribution arm ShineReveille International. Within the new structure, effective from October 6, director of production Joe McLusky and John Gilbert, Shine TVs director of legal and business affairs, who previously reported to Mahon, will report to Munro. Alex Mahon, president, Shine Group, said, “Jamie’s business acumen and track record in realising the full potential of properties complemented by Karen’s creativity, touch and drive in programming makes a highly desirable management team for Shine TV.” Before joining Tiger Aspect in 2005, Munro spent 12 years at BBC and BBC Worldwide. At Tiger Aspect he successfully realised the commercial potential of hits including Robin Hood, The Catherine Tate Show, The Vicar of Dibley, Murphy’s Law and Ross Kemp on Gangs, and was responsible for the independent’s successful New York production office that launched several formats internationally.
Ad – Before Content
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’
- iQiyi Hallyu Season sees the release of major K-drama series and films
- Australians in Film announce Chris Hemsworth, Jacki Weaver and more to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship
- ABS-CBN Superview streams classic Filipino movies, series for free worldwide on YouTube
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’